Wednesday 10 April 2019

Eighty

Have I mentioned how much I love my kitchen shelves? How grateful I am to be able to work with Clive again at turning what's in my mind's eye to something I can see...and that I could see how to make the rather grotty kitchen here a pleasant functional place without spending lots of money. Although they're still not finished I might post a photo when rest of the room is not in a state of chaos due to the alleged arrival of window fitters on Thursday morning. I give thanks I have made some progress in clearing space for them in bathroom and bedroom as well but with my right arm sore from dialysis needles etc and my left one sore from hepatitis jab this has been rather an uncomfortable process.

I was tired and sore this morning so I give thanks for 'taking it easy' with lengthy and not entirely successful attempts to once again wrestle a copy of lost paperwork re my toenail op from the podiatry team and to raise a complaint with Solarplicity re my long standing battle to get them to take an opening meter reading from me. I'm not sure a complaint will make any difference but it does mean I can take it to the ombudsman man when it doesn't.

For still managing to be ready when the taxi driver turned up early and, when he got me to the hospital extra early, for remembering the vascular access nurse wanted to see me so asked the team on the unit to let her know I was there. They told me to go somewhere else and tell them and then nothing happened except I got to hang around in a different waiting room. I give thanks though I used to think this place was pretty soul destroying I now know there are other worse ones around! Just as I was heading back to the ward I spotted the lady I was supposed to be seeing in an office waiting to hear I'd arrived and quite unaware I had. She did the test she wanted to do and for once even I couldn't argue with the numbers - my pulse rate drops sharply when my fistula is blocked off and rises quickly again when it's working. This is putting a strain on my heart which thinks I'm running around even when I'm resting. No wonder I get tired! 

I give thanks my session was fairly OK today. They had popcorn on the trolley which always helps! And when a mardy taxi driver was being difficult about having to wait so long they took me off the machine a bit early too (so I could listen too him grumbling about all manner of things most of the way home!) and on arriving I gave thanks for helpful letter from the stoma nurse for my claim and for the GP surgery posting me some prescriptions which will save me going to collect them tomorrow. Every little helps...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics