Monday 29 April 2019

Ninety-nine

I give thanks for remembering to look outside last night after giving in to a sudden desire for a nap after blogging and a slow time getting moving again afterwards. When I did finally get up off the sofa I was rushing round trying to get some more of the things done I had meant to do, and then spotted the rather pretty pale streaky sky and sea and later the pink and grey sunset. It's so easy to forget to take time for the natural world as we focus on our often very trivial cares and concerns.

I give thanks for a documentary about John Lee Hooker with old clips, interviews and aerial footage of the Mississipi Delta - oh, and music of course. How, how, how, how good was that ;-)

I give thanks for surviving nearly a whole (very noisy) session without a cup of tea as the kitchen hadn't sent any cups. For the trolley finally arriving in the last twenty mins. That the driver in the waiting room wasn't waiting for me - he spent his time giving a patient waiting for someone else full details of his schedule and mileage over the last day, week, month, year! For using my time to catch up on writing my blog so he was deterred from starting on me... for a while, after which I moved out to the car park to avoid him! Ye gods, I give thanks for knowing I can be boring... Others don't always have the self awareness it seems!

I give thanks Rachel is on her way and is allegedly bringing dinner. I'm famished!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics