Friday 19 April 2019

Eighty-nine

I am exceedingly grateful that at the eleventh hour yesterday I got my second wind...or to be more precise, at the eighteenth hour I got my first one! For a bit of housework done as you can tell me until you're blue in the face that I can leave it but there comes a time when I really would rather not!

I give thanks for intending to sit at one of the pavement cafes before my transport came today but I was slow to get going and then decided in lieu of hot cross buns or Easter eggs this weekend I must make myself a batch of pancakes before I left.

I give thanks for a remarkably mellow session - one of the nurses said it was because there were no doctors around, but obviously lots of other departments were closed so less phones ringing and bustling around. For having getting in a good position on the chair again, for gentle people dealing with the potentially hurty bits, entertaining stuff on Netflix and a really good lunch of folded flat breads with chopped falafel, lettuce, mayo and grated carrot in. Must do that one again!

I give thanks though my cunning plan to sit in the sun outside the unit before the machine was ready was thwarted by a) the machine being pretty much ready and b) the weather being hazier at the hospital...it had come out properly and they got me off quickly at the end of my session so I could get fifteen mins of vitamin D at the end before the taxi came. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics