Sunday 21 April 2019

Ninety-one

I give thanks so many people were having so much fun in the vicinity last night, mostly involving alcohol, karaoke machines and possibly a touch of sunstroke it seemed! For a much more considerate blues and two tone festival today, taking place between my ears courtesy of my mp3 player. My knees have been super sore so I was indoors for quite a while after I finally got up watching helplessly as the town got busier and the seating areas filled, but then when I hobbled down stairs I realised most of the lower level benches next to the brook in the park were free and I give thanks for bagging one. I guess it was selfish to sit sideways with my legs up taking up pretty much all of the seat but I do give thanks for being really rather comfy there out of the breeze and mostly away from the crowds.

I give thanks none of the bits I planned to pick up from the Co op were essential as it was mysteriously shut, but also as walking back from there at that time meant I ran an old workmate I'd not seen for over ten years and having a bit of banter. For him asking if I ever saw Clive (who also did the same job) and being able to say could say yes he's coming round later! And for Clive coming round and doing some sterling work at improving my living conditions including going up into the attic and fitting up a TV aerial he'd selected as suitable for my needs. For now having 127 channels instead of 25, which even if you discount the ones you never watch is a load of lovely recordable TV including all the Freeview HD ones. Yay, programmes with adverts that I can fast forward through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics