Thursday 25 April 2019

Ninety-five

Pip-a-dee-doo-dah, I give thanks I've finally finished and posted the form and associated paperwork. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't as regards applying for this benefit, but at least they carry on with the one it's replacing until such time as they declare you not unfit enough for this (allegedly). I have to say allegedly as they allegedly don't stop the another benefit I was receiving when you sell your sole residence to buy somewhere else and that so far has proved to be untrue! Ah don't get me wrong, I do give thanks for Social Security but it is antisocial and insecure to be sure...

It's still a nice feeling that this stage of the process is done and I give thanks for a little while now I can turn my mind and hands to other matters. For the last six weeks seems to have been all about dialysis, daily essentials and wrestling with the DWP, so while I gather myself for the next round with them, Solarplicity et al, I give thanks for taking time for a bit more settling in and enjoying being here.

I give thanks for Cathy and Colin coming to help with this again, collecting my 'new' rug for the French Quarter and taking me to Sainsbury's afterwards. I also have my bedroom blind up at last instead of precarious temporary arrangements. It makes the room seem calmer somehow despite there being plenty of chaos still in there. I also think it's rather pretty, don't you?

I give thanks for the rough sea this morning and for being able to see it from a comfy chair. For it being wisteria flowering time. I love the colours and shapes of the blossoms, and it's often on very attractive buildings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics