Tuesday 16 April 2019

Eighty-six

Woohoo, I was in the pink this afternoon! After five or six minutes trying various methods I finally (and very gratefully as my hand was going into spasm) managed to re-open the Wilko Softest Pink paint tester pot I had tested several weeks ago and found most pleasing. To give you an idea of how feeble I am I needed a rest after wrestling with the container and applying around a third of its contents, say 30ml. Clearly doing the decorating myself is a ludicrously slow process, but anything I do succeed in is so ludicrously satisfying the gain is worth the pain! I give thanks for tiny patches of progress...And for the fascinating book Superfreakonomics picked up yesterday for filling in between times so entertainingly.

I give thanks for a long lie in this morning to prepare myself for the rigours of the day. All kinds of bits were hurting and I felt very tired and tired of it all, so I give thanks for forcing myself finally to get up and get on with it, whatever it all is for!

I give thanks a very pleasant receptionist at the GP's surgery located in the mail box ready to be posted to me the prescription I had planned to collect in person this afternoon.  For fishing it out ready for me to come up on the bus, and explaining the process for electronically sending my future requests to two separate locations (and hopefully make my life easier). I give thanks I then heard from Jo who lives in that part of town inviting me for a cuppa so a recuperative rest was built in before slowly plodding. For admiring the pretty and very desirable gardens backing onto the brook iI passed on the way and then finding she lives in one, though not this one with its own castle!


I give thanks for slowly plodding back stopping to pick up a few bits on the way, including at the sweet shop where I bought quarter of rhubarb and custard sweets because I'm not supposed to eat rhubarb or custard and they taste nice, and a quarter of chocolate covered toffees because I'm not supposed to eat chocolate or toffee and I have a rebel soul. Heck I even say 'quarter' when I know it's 100 grams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics