Friday 5 April 2019

Seventy-five

Brrr - it was so wet and windy and cold today we decided not to leave our suitcases at the cottage and wander about for a few hours before the bus as originally intended. I give thanks we were both in agreement that an earlier departure and arrival home would be far nicer in the circumstances! For good connections and, for me, an hour or so sorting out this and that at my flat before heading back to the hospital. For calling the DWP as soon as I got in so I could listen to One Season on loop while I changed my clothes, unpacked a few odds and ends, packed my bag of bits for treatment, made and drank a cuppa, started writing my blog etc etc...

I give thanks after 58 minutes someone answered and informed me the decision makers had received the information on 25th February and had 14 calender days to respond so I should be 'hearing something any day now' When I pointed out she'd got the wrong month for this to nake sense she said she'd ask someone to call me back over the next 3 working days ... whatever that means! 

I give thanks for having such an enjoyable break despite the increasingly inclement weather. Last night we were grateful we hadn't quite left for dinner (despite having coats and boots on) when a heavy hail shower started. It coated the ground in white and looking up the steep street with twinkly lights in the old fashioned shop windows reminded me of a Christmas card scene. We had a delicious Indian meal and walked back down just before another pelting of stones started. Quite grateful for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics