Monday 16 December 2019

Fishy

It gives me great pleasure to announce the decorating is done...for now! That's the filler, paint and wallpaper sort, I may still fiddle around with the seasonal trimmings...if I can find my fishing line for dangles. When I rooted through the box I was reminded of that Chatsworth Christmas programme, where they said more is more with baubles and lights in that massive mansion. Obviously I don't live in a stately home, but the proportions are a lot more stately than the flat I was in before and the garlands that graced my windows for years are too short for the width of these. I also give great thanks - frequently - for having a proper place to live  again after spending seven weeks without last winter. I was grateful to have a roof over my head, but that's not the same as a home.

I give thanks for managing to stir myself in time for my early ride to the first hospital of the day and that ward clerks managed to sort out the muddle that caused the taxi not to arrive. For forethought regarding the return journey which I suspected might be out of kilter as well...and for a member of nursing staff making the necessary phone call to prove me correct, and correct that too.

For the surgeon saying my fistula problem is easily fixable, and for being happily waylaid by a small celebratory cooked breakfast in the big hospital restaurant afterwards. I'd already had porridge before leaving home so for once didn't manage to eat all my packed lunch! I'm grateful I managed to leave room for a very hearty three course seasonal dinner with Rachel later. I was in charge of starter and dessert this year and my prosecco trifle was lush if I say so myself, but her mighty fish pie was pretty damn good too. I give thanks for the end of term feeling - the paintbrushes are washed and the washing up done. I may not need to eat again until the Revive group lunch tomorrow so I think it might be time to wallow in a very long hot bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics