Thursday 19 December 2019

Ironic

Yay, I finally started a jigsaw last night! I give thanks for the unproductivity, and the cosy feeling of a hot water bottle tucked behind my back and the digibox playing back a recorded Just a Minute while the wind and waves roared, the rain lashed and the vehicles splashed.

I give thanks after some months of juggling this and that my haemoglobin is reaching a more helpful level. It's great to have some more energy, but of course more energy tends to mean you do more energetic things and my goodness my sore points get sore. Last night I was convinced I must have the flu (despite the jab) but it turned out to be just everything hurting at once...which I guess I'm grateful for!

I give thanks the weather was better this morning as I'd a few things to pick up a short scenic train ride away, and though even getting dressed was a challenge I was so looking forward to not being in a taxi going along the same old bit of road! Unfortunately about the time we boarded the sky grew dark and the heavens opened and there wasn't a lot to see apart from different forms of water... When I got to my destination I just trudged as fast as I could through the streams and ponds on the pavements to my various destinations and back to the station. It was much too cold and windy and wet to amble, browse or even stop for refreshments or the loo, though I was heartily grateful for Greggs to stock up on their vegan sausage rolls and a giant home made flapjack from the market cafe...especially when the return train ground to a halt half way home and I was desperate for a snack!

Due to a red signal we had to wait a rather long time, and during that time we were informed when we did get to the next station we'd have to get out as the line was flooded further on. I give thanks in the milling crowds waiting for a replacement bus I found a member of staff and pleaded infirmity as this led to me being offered a free taxi to my home station which I accepted though inwardly shaking my head at the irony. Even more ironic was that just as I got out of it (pretty much outside my door which was much more convenient than on the other side of the tracks with stairs to negotiate) a train went along the line, followed by several more in each direction at normal intervals. Clearly the tide had subsided during the waiting and driving back!

I give thanks for the deepest hottest bath, my coat rack over the hall heater so bags and outer garments could dry, microwaved leftovers from yesterday's tea and a cosy snooze in my bed to set me up for thinking about what to make for tonight's...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics