Tuesday 17 December 2019

Solid

I give thanks the last of these two extra long and busy days is drawing to a close. They've been rather full on for a somewhat feeble soul, especially as I had such a poor sleep in between, but there's been some fun bits for sure. I give thanks for a jolly seasonal get together with some friends from the Revive group and for Wetherspoons for serving a range of food to cater for everyone's tastes. My curry main and pancake dessert will add another frown to the weight obsessed nurses faces tomorrow I'm sure but my taste buds and tummy were very happy.

I give thanks for going up the street to pay for my new dining set in the morning, for the delivery chaps coming down with them in the afternoon and for finding enough time in between to fit a good nap when I got home after lunch. For the chaps perseverance when the table refused to go through the door, and was then rather reluctant to come apart into manoeuvrable pieces. I was nearly in tears of disappointment but when it was settled in its corner I was almost crying with joy because it looks and feels so perfect there - solid, comfortable and perfectly blending in with other pieces in the room. I give thanks for having enough cash to give them a hefty tip.

I give thanks for the cheeriest Tesco driver delivering to the kitchen (without a murmur) most of what I ordered, and the most difficult items to substitute if they'd been out of stock... but the replacement bread and oat milk were no good at all so I'm grateful there are other shops for those. For chatting to him and discovering a couple weeks ago he delivered not groceries but, still in uniform, his wife's baby that arrived a little unexpectedly. No wonder he seemed so glowing and glad!

I give thanks tomorrow should be 'just' a dialysis day so might seem like a rest. I'm too tired tonight to even have a bath or start a jigsaw so finding spare space for the spare furniture until it finds new homes is clearly out of the question. I'm grateful once again for the size of my living room so there's room to manage for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics