Friday 27 December 2019

Surprising

I give thanks I did manage to take a shower last night although as I kept falling asleep instead of getting out of bed it was only just last night, and almost early this morning. I'd be surprised if I was awake three out of twenty four hours yesterday but this morning I still had to have naps in between the stages of getting ready to leave the house. I give thanks for planning ahead and starting the process early, and also for forewarning the unit that I was possibly contagious so they had a side room waiting, kept the door shut, and wore surgical masks in case they caught it. On hearing my symptoms they also did some tests including one for flu, which surprised me as though it certainly felt like flu I had had my jab. The swab came back positive however which, though it didn't make the symptoms any better, did stop me feeling I must have become a terrible wimp since my last cold a year or so ago.

I give thanks my temperature came back down to normalish during the day, though without the toastiness of a fever, and having shed an astonishing amount of my thin layer of insulation over the last few days, I spent the afternoon shivering despite a pile of blankets. I give thanks for slight restoration of appetite too, a few little nibbles here and there. I give thanks for being tucked up cosy in my own bed again now, fully dressed apart from coat and boots, partly because I didn't have the energy to undress, and partly because it will be handy if I decide I need to nibble again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics