Thursday 12 December 2019

Organised

I give thanks on the whole I've been sleeping rather better the last few weeks. I also give thanks that last night, when I slept very badly, I got up in the small hours and made a chart of things on the to do list plus possible times to do them not so much with the intention of achieving a great deal but making spaces to achieve very little. It's the party season allegedly but I crave solitude and staying at home watching Netflix in my nightwear, reading books in the bath and working on a jigsaw with some recorded radio instead of conversation, and I give thanks for the people who understand I have a lot going on and need a lot more battery recharging time than I've been getting lately.

I give thanks for Andrew treating me to a portion of lush sticky toffee pudding and a lift home after our money talks today, also that I'd suggested we meet somewhere where it turned out I could finish my Christmas shopping so there were a few more ticks on the list and (much more important!) enjoy some soul soothing scenery. I give thanks I had to go out again later to attend to other business as wrapping was making my hands seize up...and for Julie giving me a lift home from that!

I give thanks for the stormy evening sky and the twinkly Christmas lights. For finally achieving a temporary arrangement of living room furniture and effects, that feels permanent enough to live comfortably in...and even begin to consider a spot of twinkly Christmasness of my own. For leftover stew, feta and bread from the freezer to make a quick and delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics