Tuesday 3 December 2019

Magic

Could it be magic? A practical joke? A cunning pre-election ploy? According to the chap who phoned again today, you see, my PIP is being upgraded to the full amount for everything immediately and backdated, simply as a result of a begging letter - no further proof of infirmity, appeal or tribunal required. This is practically unheard of as far as I can ascertain and though the thought is having this situation resolved for a while at least, is very comforting indeed I shall not be truly comfortable with giving thanks for it until the money is in my bank account and the paperwork in my hands.

For hunting down a gluten free steak pasty for my mate Clive who was coming on his scooter to do a few jobs...and then coming in his car with his wife and some bits from B&Q...and then, due to a nasty accident blocking the main road and self diverting traffic blocking the lanes, not coming at all! I tgive thanks for my freezer to put said item in. Also for the little GF and vegan friendly chocolate cake I'd taken out of this device for his delight. It will now delight me, in small portions of course as it's not very kidney friendly, alas. It is so rich it's possible to savour just a couple of bites at a time if you have some self control though. I give thanks for my self control!

I've been feeling pretty lousy the past twenty four hours so am grateful for more energy and less pain this evening, and thus being able to manage a couple of non essential tasks. For the wonderful sight of vertical stripes on the sea as it was so calm the clouds were reflected. For my creditor accepting my proposed repayment plan. For chipotle sauce. That spicy smokey sweet flavour is a favourite right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics