Monday 9 December 2019

Full

Wow, that Co-op curry was worth waiting for! I give thanks for the best ready meal I've had in a long time, a generous spicy helping and vegan too!

I give thanks for sleeping reasonably well and waking early enough not to get ready for my earlier than usual departure at a reasonably leisurely pace. For positive and jolly meetings with the renal dietitian and consultant. Recent blood tests showed good enough results for them both to say I could have a jacket potato for lunch in the gap between seeing them and having dialysis, and I was so grateful for that! My diet is not short on carbs but there's a particular sort of comfortable fullness that comes with a spud that is especially welcome this time of year. I am also grateful for the comforting validation of my apparently haphazard choices regarding sticking to the food rules and slipping off the wagon. I struggle with doing stuff by the book, so being able to do it my way and do OK is something of a blessing.

I give thanks for surviving the day's cab driver challenges, and a staff member with such a powerful post treatment grip I am extra grateful I already made tonight's tea as moving my arm is to be avoided as much as can be and conveying the food in my mouth is likely to prove hard enough!

I give thanks for Insight Timer protecting my ears and mind on a very noisy ward with a peaceful meditation on...well...peace! That Mima is placing an Ocado order and offering to look for some of my Waitrose faves, and that Gary and I have pencilled in a cafe catch up for early January after he and Stephy have witnessed my rewritten will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics