Wednesday 18 December 2019

Wild

My goodness me it's wild out there! I give thanks for extra time to watch the waves this morning as altering the time and destination for my taxi in on Monday meant it was wrong on Friday, wrong twice on Monday and wrong twice today! For free calls on my mobile now as it takes quite a few of them to sort it out as there are many middle men and women (plus their PC systems) to negotiate after my initial ringing in...and thus so many possibilities for error. For leaving my outdoor clothes on even after I knew it would be an hour's wait and so saving on the lecky bill, and also for making most of my dinner as a late start means a late finish and I need my food you know!

I give thanks they haven't built the sea wall yet because even without it when a gale this strong is blowing in this direction it blasts up under the railway bridge and makes the road outside a wind tunnel. Whip your hat off in a second it will! I give thanks I took mine off to cross the pavement.., in both directions today. That zinc supplement has made tufts grow where bald patches appeared soon after I started dialysis but it will be several months before they grow long enough to pad my head out.

I give thanks for quite pleasant drivers today. For the one who took me into the city waxing lyrical about the Seven Worlds series so I plan to check it out, and for the one home being impatient with the traffic so we went a bit of a different route and I got to see more Christmas lights. I give thanks for Rachel making these clever felt ornaments. They are probably meant to be seasonal, but if one of my patient plants doesn't mind they may dangle from its fronds all year round. Oh, and I'm still giving thanks for my table and chairs of course. Look at that lovely wood!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics