Wednesday 25 December 2019

Unconscious

I wasn't alone this Christmas - a lurgy came to stay! And thank goodness it was just the two of us, as this uninvited and demanding guest managed to scupper even my vague plans for solitary dining and activities, and would have played havoc with any shared enterprise.

I've been grateful for Paracetamol for the aching, a hot water bottle and quilt for the shivers, and a trip to the sofa instead of a walk in the sunshine to make a change from groaning in bed. For stocking up on cough sweets on Monday even though I had no conscious idea a cough was on its way. For several short but very necessary naps. For my gifts...though most of them are still under the tree awaiting more enthusiastic attention than I could summon today. For not having to go to the unit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics