Friday 13 December 2019

Pleased

I suspect some people I know have been rather smug today, but a whole lot more have been downhearted. I give thanks for those who are pleased - it is a nice feeling after all. Also for those who are concerned about the impact the election result will have on folk already struggling with poverty, illness, homelessness and hunger - even if they are not at the bottom of society's heap themselves. How wonderful it is that compassion for others is in their hearts rather than just self-interest and I  give thanks compassion is found in all political parties, religions, gender identities and job roles, even if it sometimes doesn't seem to be so. Oh and for that flexible configuration of nurses and 'forty' new hospitals on the way of course!

In this vein, after a frank discussion with one of the unit staff about the profusion of edible (and drinkable) gifts they receive from patients all year round, and to excess at Christmas, I give thanks I decided not to add to their pile of calorie laden goodies and get some useful stuff for the local homeless instead. I did get some renal diet friendly biscuit treats for my wardmates however, well the non diabetic ones! When the tea trolley lady came round she said she loved it when people brought in party rings to share as they made the patients smile. I gave great thanks for making some happy moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics