Tuesday 24 December 2019

Blessed

I give thanks for the Christmas buffet last night. Well there wasn't really a buffet, but a plate full of everything I'd have chosen from one of there had. Stars of the wide selection were a couple of mushroom arancini from Waitrose via an Ocado delivery and Mima's freezer and some fancy pants 'hand finished' hummus with roasted garlic and chickpeas reduced to 50p at the Co op. Won't need a hand finishing that! With a candle lit Lush enhanced soak in the bath beforehand and some homemade apple flapjack pudding to finish up afterwards, I felt very blessed indeed.

I give thanks for waking up in plenty of time for the delivery of my new router this morning even if it had turned up at 7.00 am which of course it didn't! Also for the few minutes that it worked and I thought the problem had been solved! For my taxi turning up at approximately the right time and in approximately the right place after all those phone calls... and then some extra ones earlier today when it turned up at the wrong time first. For remembering I'm still faring batter than the patients whose transport is sticking to their unshifted shift days.

I give thanks for no hospital letters this morning, I think I've had as many of those through the post as cards this year! Yesterday they even managed to sneak in one for an appointment on 31st - just when I thought they were over for a couple of weeks. And just when I thought that was really enough someone phoned me this afternoon while I was having renal treatment to talk about cancer treatment. She started telling me dates and times, and I suggested maybe it could be discussed when I meet the oncologist on New Year's Eve. She didn't seem to know about me coming in for that but, having been informed, then said I would have to have a 'barrage' of blood tests that day too. So I explained that I needed to be out of one hospital sharpish to get to the other for my dialysis slot so perhaps the blood be taken while I was on the machine, and got a member of staff to explain what system to send the request on. Poor oncology lady seemed to think I was being a bit of nuisance having opinions and sensible suggestions instead of just docilely doing what I was told, so while I was on a roll I said actually I don't want to start the therapy at all until my mid month mini break, thank you very much which totally set the cat among the pigeons! I give thanks I have no regrets. The longer I can maintain my self interest and feistiness, the better for body and soul I'm sure, and if my days are numbered I'm determined to have a say in what I do with some of them...

I give thanks for the bright beautiful rainbows today, and for some new batteries for my fairy lights so all the colours show.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics