Monday 30 December 2019

Plaisant

I give thanks for some pleasant patches in the day when I wasn't feeling too unwell, or weak, or frazzled by hassles of health admin and unavoidable household chores. For a sit by the window with the warm sunshine streaming in, watching folk enjoying being out in it, strolling around and playing adventure golf. For a couple of kayakers paddling home as the day waned, and remembering my own feeble but fantastically happy attempt.

For managing to calm my growing exasperation with more phone calls to and fro about more transport muddles...and yet another unwanted taxi at my door. I mostly only see the mess that's made of my travel, but the powers that are in charge of the system must surely be aware of a horrendously unwieldy and expensive bigger picture and come up with some improvements soon. Well, it helps to think so any way.

For a much more successful negotiation with the oncologist via her secretary, so she's agreed to phone me this week to talk about treatment instead of me having to go in to clinic. Surely this is the way forward in many similar situations where examination is not required? As above I give thanks for the optimism.

I give thanks for beginning to find some balance between regaining the missing pounds of flesh and functioning with missing millimetres of mercury. Food will help my blood pressure back to normal but I have to pick my time to get it or I have to rest again before I succeed. For starting a pleasing new book and a pleasing new Netflix series - these help very much with the resting bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics