Sunday 29 December 2019

Long

I give thanks for making it to the sofa, eating half a ready meal and a laden scone while watching Gavin and Stacey. Next challenge is get back off the sofa and back to bed. For the kindness of the nurses who understand how hard it is to get up and dressed and out to the unit when your body is begging you to obey the first rule of flu - staying warm and resting. I give thanks I'm allowed plenty of fluids anyway!

The main worry is, of course, that I could infect more patients. The wrong trousers was funny, as were the wrong leaves on the line but the wrong flu for this year's jab could have serious consequences, so I'm in isolation and wear a mask in public areas. They were stripping down the curtains when I left in case my constant coughing has sprayed spores on those and my first job in the morning has to be ringing oncology and advising I will not be bringing any remaining germs to waiting room full of folk with compromised immune systems on Tuesday. Luckily talking brings on coughing which should illustrate my point!

I give thanks for putting one set of fairy lights on to celebrate slight improvement, but the place still looks like Miss Havisham did Christmas on the Marie Celeste, including abandoned still wrapped up gifts.  Tidier and cleaner than the bedroom or kitchen though! I give thanks for how much light there was left in the sky as we drove out of the city. This was partly due to the faster moving traffic getting us to the outskirts quicker, but also of course to those lengthening days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics