Tuesday 31 December 2019

Lingering

When I got home this evening someone set off some pretty fireworks across the way which I was grateful for. It was a week ago I started to feel poorly, and as I felt well enough to grab some food and eat it in front of the TV with fairy lights on and the hint of a promise of a good day tomorrow, it was nice to mark the sense of returning to where I'd been in a celebratory way.

One of my first jobs before I served up however was to raise a fault for my very intermittent broadband connection, as I'd tried everything I could and though several things seemed to work for a while, no solution lasted. I give thanks while I was still trying to decide which slot to book an engineer's visit for, the blue light on my router came on and stayed on so I abandoned that for some catch up via my smallish TV screen rather than my tiny tablet. Who would have thought some supper and a bit of Scandi Noir would have seemed such a festive treat? And when the signal started dropping again I give thanks for doing some jigsaw instead of creeping back off to bed!

As is the way with these matters, the worst of the symptoms still linger at night and I think I'm going to be weak and weary by day for a while to come, but I'm very grateful for the progress, and the prospect of more. Well, there'll have to be more...or I'll be clearing up the backlog of chores until Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics