Tuesday 10 December 2019

Smooth

I give thanks the reason for today's early start was a pleasant one and, though it involved more going up and down stairs than I would have preferred, no going outdoors on a wet and very windy day. I've been full of aches and pains in all sorts of places and am grateful that within the bounds of having the sitting room largely out of action for decorating, and a decorator at large, I've been able to to relax and take it easy here and there (though not so much as to fall asleep despite great need and temptation!) I am so grateful to have a decent size flat so there were other areas to be out of the way in, but also, during the times we were in the same area, that this particular chap is one who can chat but also enjoy a companionable silence. For being able to more easily sew the last curtain hem when he took the rail down to put lining paper up.

I give thanks for the way the colours and designs I've recently chosen make the ones I've had for  varying numbers of years look as if they are part of some long range cunning design plan, and for something I've finally identified as the sense of calm smoothness that comes from no longer seeing blobs of filler everywhere!

I give thanks for emptying a couple of boxes still as yet unpacked and for finding a little bit of framed stitchery I've been looking for for ages on the floor behind one. Just need a few more shelves up and a couple of coats of paint on the newly insulated wall and more pictures and decorative items can find their home in my new home. I'm very happy with with where I've got to so far, but am looking forward to seeing forgotten treasures once again. For a nice Tesco delivery driver bringing the groceries up when I let him in on the buzzer, and thanking me for meeting him on the stairs to take some of the load and for putting clear location instructions on my account. For clearing and cleaning up the space around the sofa and a plate full of easy to cook/eat items as soon I was alone. For the distinct possibility of a nap as soon as I've posted this! For the thought that though it is a dialysis day I can have what will seem like a bit of a lie in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics