Saturday 21 December 2019

Enlightening

I give thanks for getting my oats this year - in porridge, granola and crumble, of course, plus Oatly milk, cream, custard... and now caramel ice cream! These products are better for me than the dairy or soya versions and I'm grateful they taste pretty damn good as well.

Today has been mostly devoted to practising for 25th & 26th which for me, I hope. will involve not doing nothing exactly, but doing more of what feels good and less of what feels 'should'. I give thanks for a rough night last night leading to me feeling below par today as this was helpful in encouraging me not to feel driven to achieve. Also for discovering a way to whittle down one's to do list swiftly - simply cross items off whether you've done them or not. It is most liberating!

I give thanks for managing, after being forewarned by package posters, to be on the premises, awake and able when the postman rang my bell this morning and a courier this afternoon. For some presents to put under the tree...

I give thanks for getting scrubby with it in the bathroom in brief stages throughout the day so that it's now (almost) clean. For making a kind to kidneys vegetable stew to mature for tomorrow's evening meal. And for finding out a little bag of fresh thyme sprigs from the supermarket will gradually turn into dried thyme over time and still be good for popping in the pan. I give thanks that very soon the evenings will draw out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics