Wednesday 11 December 2019

Timely

I promised myself as soon as yesterday's papering was done, and the table back in the alcove, I'd start a jigsaw puzzle. Well sometimes we don't even keep promises to ourselves do we? Instead I had an ample sufficiency of food (not at the table either!) and fell asleep on the sofa with a TV programme on pause and then paused all productivity for a further while with a mindless tablet game! I was grateful for some more energy after this but got a bit scatty moving from one task to another and forgetting what I'd started. I give thanks for getting to the frying pan before smoke turned into fire!

This morning I found out the nasties in my lymph nodes are the sort that an immunotherapy drug might treat. I thought I was ambivalent about this until I saw the letter but there was a definite sense of gratitude at the news, though that might change of course when I've read all the info about the treatment and it's potentially detrimental effects! I'm grateful my head was so full of things to think about on the way to the hospital I could mentally drown out a droning moaning driver who resisted all my attempts at lightheartedness and humour.

I give thanks for showing the finger I couldn't see a splinter in (even though I'm sure I can feel one) to a young nurse with young minor injury trained eyes and a powerful phone torch...and her not being able to see one too! For her gentle needle removal so that my arm is not so horribly sore and stiff as it was last time - I may be able to tackle taking the drawers out of my merchant's chest now so I can shuffle it back across the room! For being allowed off the machine early to attend to a very urgent call of nature. Not only was it a great relief but it also meant I felt I'd regained a few minutes of my life. Next Monday I've another early appointment before dialysis and this time there's a two hour gap during which, although I have to change hospitals, there's really not much else to do but hang around in one or the other when I really do have lots of other things I'd like to be getting on with, including making my share of the alternatively seasonal dinner I have with Rachel this time of year.

I give thanks though the taxi was a bit late arriving to take me home, the route he took and the time he took it meant I saw the beautiful big moon rising between some buildings. For all the restorative cuppas my favourite mug has served me over the last few years. Tonight it fell out of my hand on the way to the kettle and is broken beyond me restoring it in return...so I also give thanks because it's a Buddhist mug it may well be reborn as a pencil holder!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics