Sunday 15 December 2019

Handy

It's handy that my hands still work, but the kind of work I've been expecting of them today leads to frequent go slows and all out strikes, so I'm grateful for patience and perseverance, and plain old giving up now and then. For not needing to go out apart from to the bins, or get dressed apart from the necessary coverage for warmth and decency, or cook apart from some prep for my contribution to tomorrow's dinner, and microwaving a ready meal. For thus getting almost everything done on the current to do list...plus a few tasks that weren't... and for even having a few more hours in the day to maybe manage some more, though I'm grateful I'm not counting on that!

I give thanks for a very long bath in the middle of the day to ensure nothing useful was done at all apart from getting clean. For my hearing being better than my concentration, so when I left a tap running I could hear the sink overflow (eventually) For a violent hailstorm with thunder and lightning very very exciting me...

I give thanks for finally getting round to watching the Alienist on Netflix. I put it on my list as soon as I joined but I'd only just read the book so had to wait a while. Wonderful adaptation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics