Wednesday 4 December 2019

Lucky

I give thanks for coming home at the end of the day. The lady on the bed opposite was very poorly this afternoon and though she seemed to be on the mend by the time I left, it was very sobering being reminded what a precarious position we are are all in in there, and of the poor lady who died in the same spot across the room from me a few months ago. Dialysis can be grim in many ways but we are very blessed at least it's offered.

I give thanks for a nice taxi driver to talk to on the journey back - a few more active brain cells than some! For a nice cup of tea and a bite of that chocolate cake when I got indoors, and remembering I made a pot of lentil and veg curry for my tea yesterday! I'm trying to psyche myself up to pop to the Co op before I eat it as I've an oncology appointment in the morning and am unlikely to want to shop or cook after I get back from that plus, if body and spirit are willing, a little look at a few of the stores and market stalls. Luckily I have a couple of coupons to spend that might help, one for a ready meal I'd like to try...and I give thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics