Friday 1 May 2020

Checked

I give thanks for the people who have checked up on me over the last few days - my much missed home help, my almost as much missed decorator, the renal dietician and consultant. I was relieved the last two are pleased with my blood results despite the sharp intake of breath and lecture from the little Hitler in a blue uniform who delivered them to me a couple of weeks ago! I was even more delighted the consultant confirmed she had no plans to keep me in exile once it's considered safe for me to return. Hard situations are so much easier to bear if you believe they won't last too long...

I give thanks for the Council also calling to see why I'd turned a food parcel away if I was vulnerable and shielding. I really didn't want to seem ungrateful so it was good to explain the dietary reasons why the assistance they were offering wasn't personally nutritionally helpful.

Meanwhile I give thanks online supermarket shopping is getting a little easier, and for remembering to start checking out a grocery delivery slot for after the next one that's scheduled for next week. I'm still not used to the amount of stuff I need now I'm not top up shopping in between! Tesco didn't have one for the right day/time when I looked this morning and it was exasperating when some good ones became available while I was having treatment and couldn't book...so I was extremely grateful there was still a suitable one left when I got home and I've been able to fill a basket and check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics