Tuesday 26 May 2020

Controlled

I give thanks for hearing the hoots of owls last night. A rarity since I moved and such a treat as it is a sound that always makes me smile as I lie in the darkness. For Adam Kay's book making me laugh out loud with his dark observational humour. Maybe these helped me be in a better mood today though I suspect the pain relief pill I take sometimes which also alleviates the mental sort probably had something to do with it...

For feeling physically stronger and managing a bit of a walk. I'm trying to improve my fitness levels in case my cancer can be kept under control long enough to enjoy some kind of life when the pandemic is. Exercise is meant to be good for all the illnesses I have and vitamin D from the sunshine (plus the pleasure of being out in it!) boosts the immune system too so I'm hoping I'm helping to reach this goal! It also means a chance to explore the locality a little. As the main reason I moved here was that the place was so easy to get away from I've not really done that much before...

For remembering how privileged I am to live in a country where there is access to health care, and how lucky to still be around to receive it. I heard of the deaths of two people I knew slightly yesterday - neither coronavirus related at all. One was a long term dialysis patient, the other with cancer only diagnosed a few months ago, so sobering for me as well as sad...

I give thanks for a pretty good bit of pattern matching/top stitching on this pocket. Would get a nod from Patrick and Esme I'm sure!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics