Wednesday 20 May 2020

Missed

It's true - you really can make delicious meringues with just sugar and the juice from a can (or in this case a carton) of chickpeas! Rebel chef that I am, I didn't consult the recipes until after they were cooking so I was delighted they worked despite doing a few of the don'ts! Probably it helped that I've only cooked eggy meringues a handful of times in my lifetime... I give thanks for rediscovering ready cooked chickpeas too, having given up on those decades ago as the tinned ones seemed to taste mostly of tin and the ones in jars were mostly found in Spain.

I give thanks for being driven inland along the estuary at lunchtime from trailing sea mist into sun. Stunning views! For a passing van carrying a ladder and a canoe on its roof sparking a variety of mental images. For my imagination - never a dull moment...

For successfully stalking the Tesco site for a delivery slot the week after next week when my next Sainsbury one is due. I'm a fussy so and so and like products only available in one store or the other so, as there are several other products I also like only available in Waitrose, Lidl, Home Bargains and the Co op which I can't get delivered at all, every little helps as they say...

For sorting out a prescription muddle and in the process being offered a delivery from Boots without having to sign up for their medication ordering service. There's enough trouble getting what I want where and when I want it whilst contacting the GP surgery myself, without letting another party in on the act to add to the confusion.

For taking my travel mug with tea down to the almost deserted park by the stream when I got home from hospital, and sitting out of the way with my back against a tree. For remembering travels...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics