Friday 15 May 2020

Glowing

I give thanks for still retaining some of yesterday's holiday like glow to see me through the start of 'work' today though treatment eventually washed it away. For a pleasing wallow in warm water and random information courtesy of my QI book last night. I stopped when I got to the bit about walking being good for depression, having beaten mine for a while with that amble along a beaten track. For making it to decent in time for clapping. There are few faces at the windows now so I feel it's important to offer a show of hands...but not my naked torso which would mean the only other participants I could clearly see - meanderers in the park and a railway man in personally protective orange casually walking away at the end of his shift - would have needed immediate medical attention! For having many opportunities throughout my week to thank a range of key workers in person. Oh and that reminds me to be grateful for the entryphone - what an aid to social distancing that is especially now we don't have to sign for deliveries.

I give thanks both Jan and I gave Bob's live DJ stream 'rave' reviews. We're not the demographic he is aiming for I'm sure but if a new (old) audience is enjoying it too he's clearly rather good. I give thanks though the crazy golf across the road is still closed they have opened for takeaway drinks and ice cream so the owner's child has the place to himself to play in. Looks like a lot of fun!

For an OK day in the office with some nice people to deal with...even one who is usually hard work was in good humour today. For sections of sea wall now visible from my living room window and not looking too bad - though to my mind better when not catching the evening sun! For abandoning plans for some creativity now I'm home beyond creating a nest on the sofa, eating leftover curry and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics