Sunday 17 May 2020

Close

I give thanks my joints have not been this painful for quite a while - occasional is better than often where this amount of discomfort is concerned! For the encouraging progress on my knitting and sewing yesterday probably contributing to the situation. I'd rather it seemed as if there were a 'good' reason...

For the pretty speckled sky before sundown...and for trying once again to remember the word cirrocumulus! For the pearly blue of the sea. For a Lewis I'd not seen before on TV with another wonderful score from Barrington Pheloung.

For breakfast of my favourite Earl Grey tea with my favourite three fruit marmalade on my favourite toasted bread making the effort of getting out of bed to get it seem worthwhile. For said bread being soft and fresh and not too hard to cut despite delivery late in the day...

For managing to find a sunny sheltered spot big enough to meet Mima at an appropriate distance, appropriately distant from passers by and appropriately close to home for my poor old knees!

For experimental attempt at a chick pea roast turning out pretty well, and the accompanying experimental small batch of polenta chips being so delicious I had a second serving in the oven before I'd eaten the first! If they handed out plates of these when advising kidney patients they must limit potatoes, life ahead would not seem quite so bleak!

For also experimenting with some unbagged flour I thought might be self raising and producing a flavoursome brick. I'd been wanting to lie still on the sofa pretty much ever since I got out of bed, so I'm grateful I'm now too full to move from it for as far as I can see ahead.

For a finding a photo from another day, and not far away that reminds me of the Scilly Isles...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics