Sunday 10 May 2020

Champion

I give thanks for Gwyneth Paltrow! If she hadn't raved about Ceridwen's Cauldron from Lush some years ago this luxurious product would have been 'improved' (ruined) or discontinued by now I'm sure. It's unobtainable at the moment as all but their soaps are considered non-essential but I'm grateful I'm poorer than its champion and make mine last for several baths. This also means sometimes I forget I have some left. I was very grateful to rediscover a chunk of cocoa butter sumptuousness today and have a soothing soak.

I give thanks for hearing some small bird song this morning. One thing I miss from where I lived before is the glorious dawn chorus that came from the surrounding gardens and trees. The quiet of lockdown makes the few chirps and twitters there are nearby audible in between the strident gulls, the scolding corvids and various water fowl calls and I give thanks for that.

I give thanks for finding ways to pass the day without using my left hand a lot. It has been very painful even when doing nothing so, as tomorrow afternoon it will be the only hand I can use, I've been giving it plenty of rest. This means no knives and forks or knitting needles and avoiding my tablet or phone and books...so I was very grateful for my sewing machine and some simple stitching tasks that didn't require too much steering or grip.

I give though, like many others I'm sure, there are places I would love to go and people I would love to see, I also love just being at home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics