Tuesday 12 May 2020

Modest

I give thanks for a bright and breezy day. For trying to make the best of a not very bright and breezy mood. Like lots of others I was in the midst of making some modest improvements to my way of life when life as we knew it came to an end, and extended delays to progress, or total abandonment of hope for continuation seem extravagantly harsh when time and possible changes were limited anyway. For reminding myself it's not personal, nor was the universe in any way contractually obliged to make any of the wishes I had come true!

I give thanks for scrubbing the sinks - cleaning can be so therapeutic! Likewise for working on some creative projects. I honestly do not know how people manage any existence, let alone a restricted one, who do not write or cook or make music or homes or art or gardens or crafty things. Even though my inspirations far outstrip my capability to produce, the ideas and planning and pottering with materials give me what seems to me to be a purpose, though to anyone else it probably seems like pointless fiddling about. I give thanks one advantage of enforced solitude is that no one is on the spot to be put on the spot and force out appreciative noises! You do understand of I post pictures on here that's what you're supposed to do though don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics