Tuesday 5 May 2020

Easterly

So a very pleasant side effect of an extra hospital visit today was I got an extra 'How good to be home!' feeling afterwards. I was particularly grateful to arrive at that point of the turning tide when incoming waves on an easterly wind crash into ones bouncing back from the sea wall - it's always mesmerising! For the blessing of being able to watch safe and snug indoors. For thinking to order some cards from my favourite local artist the other day and this image from a similar day being among them...


I give thanks for the different journey, destination, people and procedures - though a cab driver I knew was a bonus! For being able to wear my normal clothes instead of dialysis friendly ones which made it feel almost like an 'outing'. For the cannula going in easily on the second attempt and the nice nurse who dealt with me. For thinking to take a book as my right hand can cope much better than my left when left to its own devices and, despite the welcome relative brevity of the treatment, there is still some time to while away.

For the pretty sky at sundown yesterday, dappled clouds in graduated pink, and for having that daal I made on Sunday ready to be heated for my tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics