Wednesday 6 May 2020

Merciful

I give thanks for being where I feel I should have been for a lot longer than I have! For my sofa and snuggly quilt, a mug of Earl Grey and a slice of buttered granary toast. For those precious Paracetamol capsules being back in stock on the supermarket shelves, and for the supermarkets having more delivery slots so I can have them available here.

The downsides of having immunotherapy yesterday started with getting having to get up and get going ready for dialysis this morning, which seemed like a cruel and unjust punishment being so sore and out of sorts. I gave thanks for waking up early enough to take the processes very slowly...and for somehow, with much moaning and groaning, making it through a very uncomfortable afternoon. For repeatedly thinking it's Friday, as surely three treatments a week is enough, and forgetting there's another one to come can only be a mercy! For five much appreciated minutes soaking up some pain and stress soothing sunshine before the taxi came. For leftovers for tea, for the bath water heating up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics