Friday 11 December 2020

Battered

I give thanks for being home at last! For finding the difficulty getting here hilariously funny, and for it being Julie whose car broke down right outside the main entrance of the hospital as she could enjoy the ensuing chaos too instead of getting angry and uptight as some might do. For the delay giving me more time to appreciate the pretty lit up tree and polar bears decorating the forecourt and to acclimatise to upright again after so long horizontal and still. Gosh it felt strange! 

For being settled on the sofa starting to thaw out as the flat warms up, in recovery after climbing the mountain of my stairs. For flowers waiting from Rachel and everything cleaned and tidied by her and by Michelle who also picked up some supplies from my helpful local health food shop, though I'm not sure much cooking will be done for a day or two! For tea this evening which was a bag of Frazzles - delicious and all I needed after making sure I was well very fed today. For meeting some lovely staff this week from all areas of hospital work and finding some surprising common ground. How lovely to be alone in my own private space again though, recharging my personal battery that's become rather run down too! Thanks for being there folks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics