Friday 4 December 2020

Flattened

I give thanks for eating a biscuit - that's the first solid food item that has passed my lips in more than twenty four hours, after my body violently rejected what it had already had for some reason. For feeling a whole lot better than I did last night though still very weak and a long way from normal for me, even after a challenging medical/surgical week.

I give thanks for the dialysis unit telling me to stay home as I don't think I could have got there. They also advised sweet drinks instead of just water to try to give me some strength and for managing to make and take some cups of honey and lemon - the last one without having to stop for a rest mid-process which is huge progress.

I give thanks for my bed. For rest and sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics