Wednesday 23 December 2020

Takeaway

 It's a gratitude blog so I'll be brief as it's not been an unmitigatedly grateful day...

I give thanks for being home most definitely. For two units of best red blood coursing around my veins so that a wonderful feeling of physical peace has replaced the sense of battles in almost every cell. It's particularly nice to be able to breathe without effort. I kept telling myself to pretend it was altitude sickness but there wasn't a stunning view.

I give thanks for my taxi driver waiting when I had to wait a very long time for the transfusion, due it not being ordered properly and wasn't ready to have during dialysis. For some dialysis beforehand though there was a problem with the needles and endless machine alarms so treatment had to be cut short. For sponge cake on offer with the cups of tea on the trolley in the main unit which made a welcome change...especially as the stress of the afternoon put me off my lunch. For not having to go in tomorrow, which was one suggestion made...

I give thanks for a massive 'takeaway' Indian feast for my tea, part supermarket bought and part home made including marrow and ginger jam given to someone who didn't want it and passed on to me. That made a very good chutney substitute as all the nice ones have been snapped up for cheese boards and turkey sandwiches I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics