Sunday 13 December 2020

Slow

I've been grateful for lots and lots of (hopefully) healing sleep, some it during the night - when I woke up thinking I was in hospital! For being more active than I've been for a week or two, though in possibly imperceptible ways to the untrained eye, mainly just keeping fed and clean and vaguely tidy about the place. For doing some washing up, for washing my hair at last...and for the long nap that followed. For a long handled sponge as I still don't feel stable enough to get in and out of the bath... 

I give thanks for Sainsbury's crumpets - among the nicest and cheapest I've found. For wet and windy weather making staying indoors eating them no hardship at all, especially when making a meal seems so much bother.

I give thanks most people have been most understanding of my need to put gentle recuperation before sorting out cards, gifts or any kind of seasonal social interaction. I'm sure Bob would let me off too but I'm determined he will have something to unwrap even if not the usual parcel full of presents... and maybe not on time. I'm so grateful I gathered a few gifts for him already, just need more strength, less pain and a device to slow down time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics