Wednesday 2 December 2020

Operational

Today wasall about the proceedings of my procedure obvs. Give thanks for treating myself to a taxi in from my own money - much more pleasant than bus on cold dark morning which I've done for other early winter admissions. And my usual pleasant driver wishing me well more cheery too. 

Super staff at eye unit - where they have a spare theatre renal can use. Nice helpful surgeon and also anaesthetist who clarified the 'some' hours the total arm block would be effective could be 12 - 18! Agreed with me this not desperately practical for stoma bag wearer so quick change of plan to put me for the count. Not my fave experience but fistula ops when conscious aren't either so actually happy to wake up and it's done. Grateful anaesthetist came back to see me after op too to clarify reason for partial numbness in hand due to local for technicalities of operational techniques - dilation of vessels etc. Also advised restricting band removed without probs, so now must wait and see if fistula gradually grows big and strong again. At moment just happy just to be home on sofa and able to operate remote control! I give thanks for Julie's unfussy nurturing and the scenic drive home in the remains of daylight before a pretty sunset sky. I'm staying inside. I may be some time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics