Tuesday 1 December 2020

Nightmarish

I was grateful this morning I couldn't remember what the bad dreams I'd had were about - I do recall there were several different scary ones with wake ups in between! For catching up on me time, plus a little lost sleep, on the bus, and for managing to keep waking myself up so I didn't drift into more than doze and miss my stop.

I give thanks for treatment in my old side room with a view of some tree tops and sky as well as rather attractive older hospital buildings. I didn't see much of this for the first hour however as three members of staff were between me and the window trying with increasing urgency to coax my increasingly sluggish fistula into effective action. Although my conscious brain knew it wasn't emergency surgery going on, the dashing about and desperate calls for various bits of kit did make it feel like that, and I was very grateful when they eventually achieved some partial success by starting all over again with fresh needles and tubes. 

For taking the opportunity to lie very still enjoying the pale marble patterns of grey in the cloud cover in between the times the machine alarms sounded and before it got dark. Also, that as far as I know my surgery is still going ahead tomorrow. Fingers crossed it stays on schedule and they can sort me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics