Saturday 19 December 2020

Creaky

I give thanks for Jo bringing me coloured carrots. I'm not allowed parsnips but can roast the white ones and pretend! She let me know she was on the way  at just the right time as I'd been slowly getting ready to try shuffling down the pavement towards the sea so didn't have to go downstairs twice. I give thanks the sea is just a shuffle away, as I am still seriously feeble, and am beginning to accept will probably not get any less so until I get that nice fresh blood in me. For the fabulous fresh air, noticeable even through a thick mask, for the mask as there were a lot of people milling around between chip shop and beach, and for a sudden heavy shower so most of them ended up under the railway and I could wobble by the waves by myself for a few mins.

I give thanks for the Real Full Monty though it always makes me cry for so many reasons. For putting together components of a veg and barley stew over the last couple of days so when I can get upright again I just need to finish it off. For the fibre optic 'UFO' lamp Bob bought me what must be twentyish years ago making a minimal effort Christmas tree substitute. It's a tad creaky too but I can...and do...gaze at it enchanted for long periods of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics