Monday 21 December 2020

Knowing

I give thanks for managing a bit of a tidy up before I left for the unit today...even finally, after ten days home from hospital, managing to beat the washing up into submission! When I felt right poorly during treatment it was a comfort to know if I popped my clogs at least the sink wasn't clogged up with dishes!

I give thanks the hasty ECG showed nothing too scary...and knowing the consultant said it was OK helped me to feel more OK myself.  I give thanks I've felt like this before when my haemoglobin has been ridiculously low - it helps to know I've just got to hang in there. Also for asking politely if I could not be informed of the precise numbers please as until I get that transfusion a little knowledge can sometimes be a far less scary thing. For the main dialysis unit has been able to accommodate me for this on Wednesday alongside normal treatment as apparently it's complicated getting blood delivered elsewhere. They've said they'll do this as my usual time, which would be nice, though we'll have to wait and see if that's actually what happens.

I give thanks for my patient taxi driver. For leftover veggie stew and vegan meatballs cooking for a hasty tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics