Sunday 27 December 2020

Expected

I give thanks for today. It was the best day yet in terms of feeling on the way to as well as can be expected. There's been lots of reminders lately that my expectations where wellness is concerned might be a tad unreasonable in the circumstances but I don't think this is an altogether bad thing. I give thanks for mostly sunshine and just a little breeze - not the wild weather I'd imagined I'd be cosily watching from indoors, but how wonderful to think it looked inviting enough for a stroll and being able to have one in between a couple of sharp showers. For a rainbow across the bay warning me when it was time to turn around.

For the sight of the cruise ships slowly parading by, and for slowly making progress on a couple of craft projects. For a dinner that was roasted followed by a pudding with dried fruit - though any resemblance to a dinner a few people might have eaten a few days ago was both minor and coincidental. For lush roasted carrots in mine - parboiled first of course in proper renal fashion. For sitting down to eat it just as Edward Scissorhands was sitting down to his which was comforting as I'm so clumsy with a knife and fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics