Thursday 10 December 2020

Remarkable

I give thanks for the torrential rain last night. I couldn't see it but tall Paul opened the high louvre windows above my bed so I could enjoy the sound and smell and wafts of chilly breeze when I couldn't sleep. Apparently it's been really misty today, shame I missed that!

Talking of missing, I've never been lucky enough to see the kingfishers upstream from where I live so I was really grateful someone posted not just photos on the Facebook community page but fabulous videos too. Oh and I read the pretty lights over the brook are back on as well!

For my various sorenesses not being too bad and looking forward to the time I can lie in a bath again and look at my body's growing map of scars and tell it how wonderful and beautiful it is. For my marvellous single kidney which, despite being generally defined as a failure, still carries on doing its best and kept my blood clean enough for a day off dialysis today. Just one more treatment with the line where the sun don't shine and then all being well that can come out and I can go home for a weekend of gentle recovery before my remodelled fistula gets to work. I'm so grateful I have so little to do for Christmas as I seem to have mislaid a large chunk of December somewhere.

I give thanks for the astonishing improvements to the food here. It's been utterly minging for the last few years but this time I'm actually looking forward to the meals which is great as a) I need to put some weight back on and b) this is the nearest thing to a holiday I've had/will have for  quite while so tasty catering is very welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics