Thursday 24 December 2020

Evening

Oh my, what can I say? I give thanks for blood donors from every chamber of my heart! For the weather gods for providing a glorious winter's day and for finally being able to go somewhere that wasn't a hospital for the first time in a month. For finally getting to see the Christmas displays in the local shop and cafe windows, and the star decorations in my own. For a bag of hot donuts from the kiosk across the road from where I live to take across another road and munch by the sea. Always get rather emotional when I first get outside after being hostage to health problems for a while, and always give myself a pat on the back for moving to the coast before my health got bad...even more for moving nearer still before it got worse! 

I give thanks for two parcels from Bob - one that's been delayed for a couple of weeks and one meant to arrive for tomorrow. For Mima and Rachel both distantly delivering little gifts too during my restorative rest on the sofa, and just receiving a text from Jo to say she's popped a little something through the downstairs door. Feel as if I may have more presents than I deserve this year! Giving tends to be my favourite bit so perhaps I need practice in getting instead... Christmas Eve also tends to be my favourite day of the season, and this has been a particularly favourite one with the bonus of no treatment but pleasant after effects of treatment yesterday I am even more grateful than usual... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics