Tuesday 8 December 2020

Hammered

I give thanks for reminding myself this is all for my own good. Well, maybe not all of it - stuff like being left without a call bell, with food or drink just out of reach, or your fanny on display to all and sundry in a mixed ward as the curtains aren't properly drawn? Nah, not so beneficial...so I'm grateful these and other misdemeanours didn't happen all at once! I do genuinely understand nursing staff are mostly too busy these days to keep you clean and comfortable, so I am genuinely grateful when they can find some spare time to attend stuff you can't attend to yourself as you have to lie still in bed. It's been a messy day!

I give thanks for being transferred in the small hours of the morning to a side room on an appropriate ward and, as I was still allowed to move around then, for managing to fix an air lock in a water pipe that sounded like hammering every time someone else ran a tap! For enjoying some of the hospital food, when I'm allowed to eat, and some moderately clean blood after a massively difficult dialysis session. For arriving back in my little haven and it's better than Christmas - co-ordinated by Rachel, Julie has brought me a bag of requested essential supplies! I'm tired now, and tonight/tomorrow is going to be a whole new set of challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics