Wednesday 9 December 2020

Medicated

I give thanks for mental ingenuity and physical perseverance, and for feeling well enough once more to employ these attributes! I'm confined to bed with limited use of right arm and left leg...and of course my left hand's not brilliant either. Bell responses are like lives in a video game - there aren't many and once they're gone they're gone, so are best reserved for non negotiables like pain relief and stoma needs, and rely on one's own problem solving skills. 

It's the little things. Julie delivered all manner of 'little things' but they're on a chair too far behind me to reach. Discover by hooking right foot into bed side guard I can push myself up mattress, grab arm of chair and drag it nearer. V grateful no abdominal surgery this time.For arm of chair becoming handy extra tool. And for rice cakes!

Right that's snacks... Now Netflix! I give thanks for the little ledge on the bed table to stop stuff falling off the back - but my table is the wrong way round so stuff falls off back and ledge conceals edge of tablet screen restricting viewing. I give thanks for repurposing paper back book and pack of mediwipes to make a stand. For my tablet... And for Intermittent internet to download stuff for when off. 

And talking of tablets. For a new to the problem consultant asking if I knew of any reason why my fistula kept grinding to a halt. Low blood pressure maybe? he suggested. Yes, says me, delighted! I have been saying for months I don't think I should be on meds to lower blood pressure that's no longer high and can't get anyone to listen. He listened. Off meds. Yay, I may even start to feel generally a little bouncer which would be very welcome indeed! 

I give thanks they left my (blessed) side room door open just now and over heard due to computer cock up they've wiped all my prescribed drugs off list so Paracetamol may be some time. Also overheard talk of another patient who was upset as no one could find her a remote. Rang bell. Donated remote. Nurse grateful and a little scared of my auditory abilities. Shot of self made happy chemicals for the pain 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics