Wednesday 16 December 2020

Diverse

Wow, the waves this morning! I give thanks I'm getting used to the way the building shudders when the tide is high and the sea is rough. For the literally awesome sight from my windows when daylight joined in. As far as I can tell the 'returning' wall profile is deflecting much of their destructive power but helpfully (from the visual of view!) increasing the plumes of spray. If they hit at a certain angle it looks like a steam train is running along just below the railway line!

I give thanks for a good day in lots of ways. For finally getting Bob's presents wrapped and packed, and for Mima braving the PO queue to send the box off as even posting a stamped letter in a box would be too much for me just now. For getting more done between rests now though, and for my appetite beginning to return. For another successful dialysis session, though my arm is still rather sore, and some laughter and interesting conversation with the nurse looking after me. Also with the taxi driver who drove into the castle grounds and up and down the main street here So I could admire the extra pretty light displays this year. 

I give thanks at a time when I'm spending extra time lying on the sofa in front of the TV, I'm finding plenty of programmes to enjoy. I get to see different places I would have liked to visit - Iceland and Oxford for instance, and the astonishing Samarkand. And tonight's treat - two members of Diversity on Ice. Always a pleasure clothes on or off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics