Friday 11 March 2016

Bucking the trend

Gee but it's great to be back home...in some ways...and I give thanks for the ways in which this is so.

I give thanks to John and Jo for meeting me at the station last night with hugs and luggage lugging and a tasty supper waiting for me to swallow in my stupor, followed by John making me breakfast this morning and a sarnie for the journey, carrying my suitcase again even though it was now even heavier with added jars of home made jam and home made mayonnaise. All this softened the blow of my real homecoming which was far more lonesome and load bearing and frustratingly delayed so that I got back to the station here during an infestation of sugar primed schoolchildren and no taxis to be had. I gave thanks the prices in Starbucks widened my eyes so much I managed to stay awake during an almost hour long wait... and for the soft light on the estuary at low tide softening my mood...


I give thanks the management company finally managed to get the communal areas cleaned and the front door lock fixed while I was away so arriving here was a sigh or two less than that it might have been. I give thanks for my pretty clean spacious flat and to Jenny for ensuring the aptness of the middle adjective for my return. I give thanks for the hot water heating up for a bath in my own bathroom and the first load of washing on. I give thanks the TV, internet and lights and appliances all seem to have remained in working order, and that all that I set to record seems to have done so that I can spend the evening in Shetland and Iceland...if I can just stay awake that is!

And of course, in case you're wondering, I give great thanks for the great holiday I've had. I might not be able to go as far as I used to, nor to stay away as long, but my awesome budget trip planning skills are alive and well and will be ready for action again as soon as they're required...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics